5% and Goals

I am sitting here feeling the urge to blog but not really having any idea what I wanted to blog about. So I came up with 2 things and now I am gonna share them with you.

So when you join weight watchers they have all these goals for you. First 5%, 20%, 16 weeks, 25 pound medallions. And your ultimate goal weight. It took me a while to get to those 5 and 10%. and I still haven't quite gotten to my 25 pound marker. But I know that I need to keep my goals small. So I am just going from 5% to 5%. Of couse each time that becomes a differant number, but that is my goal.

You also are supposed to set an ultimate weight loss goal sometime with them, I haven't yet. And I am okay with that really. Because I ahve a goal but I don't. I have a number that is right in the range of all the charts and graphs and guidelines. But I don't want to focus on that number, not yet, adn maybe not all. To don't wanna get so focused on it that I lose sight of the bigger picture, my health. And I don't wanna ignore my body if it tries telling me that maybe something a few pounds higher is where it's happier. I don't want my mind to start believe a lie that a certain number on the scale will equal happiness and solve all of life's problems. So to that end I don't have a goal...but I have a goal.

I want to live in the journey. Learning the lessons that will help me be happy. Learning to trust my body as it changes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome Back and Hip Surgery updates.

Gulp

Life update