Doors and Bootcamp

For starters, Where have I been? Obviously not blogging that is for sure. I would try to catch you all up, but it has been way to long. So I will just tell you a couple stories from the past couple of weeks.

Two weeks ago, yours truly managed to walk right into a door as it was being opened into the hallway. Caught my arm on it (thankfully not my face/head), shook me so hard I had a headache almost immediately. Dealt with the headache for several days (including a trip to the docs for a shot of pain meds), and then the neck pain started. I've had my neck adjusted twice so far by a chiropractor and I might me doing that for a while. Yes it has been an adventure.

I started boot-camp at the gym again. It is so much different than a year ago. For starters there are only 3 of us in the class this time. Myself, my friend Jessica and a gal named Stacy. They were both in the class I did last year.  I haven't felt like it was gonna kill me, yet. I did have a little episode of feeling like passing out the first day, but it was at the very end. The stairs are still one of my least favorite things. But I can get further jump-roping before I trip. Thanks to previously mentioned neck strain I have been having to do my push-ups against the wall instead of on the floor, and having to modify some other stuff. But I'm doing it! 160 push-ups Wednesday. Hanging Knee Raises this morning! It is so good to see how far I have come since doing the class last year. I know I wouldn't have been able to do the knee raises last time. However because there are only 3 of us in the class, we are spending Fridays downstairs and using the treadmills for our cardio. Which is good, IF I am gonna do a half marathon again in June I should be on them more often. However I am so not used to treadmills, and I am not a runner.

Well, I think we are basically caught up for now. Maybe next time I will share with you all a little more of details about the actual workouts from boot-camp. But for now, it's off to go buy plane tickets. Maybe having actual travel dates will be newly motivating.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome Back and Hip Surgery updates.

Gulp

Life update