Almost there I can taste it

What better time to write and talk about my feelings heading into my first round of Whole 30 than on day 29 when I am almost done.

I knew I was ready for change. What I was doing from a nutrition standpoint to improve my wellness was just not working. I had a friend start a week before me and I had read about Whole 30 before so I figured why not. I maybe should have planned a little more than the 3 days warning I gave myself, but I figured I would probably talk myself out of it if I had too much time. I kept it pretty basic, took a couple weeks before i tried "recipes". But I did learn how to make my own ketchup and ranch. Like without Dairy and Sugar, so there's that.

Man, you don't realize how "bad" you feel until you start to feel better. I mean I knew I was tired a lot. And I knew something must be off balance because even when I was working out and eating well the scale and the fit of my clothes was not reflecting my work. And I knew that I certainly could feel better, I just didn't think I felt bad. Apparently I was wrong. I almost immediately noticed that I was not having that mid afternoon slump. Before doing Whole 30 I used to drink 2 triple shot americanos a day and still leave work exhausted, now I drink 1 cup of drip coffee and have plenty of energy all day. My skin is clearer, the circles under my eyes are lighter in appearance, and my clothes are fitting way better. And that is progress I haven't been making otherwise.

Was it in easy undertaking? The fact that on day 3 I fell off the wagon, chopped the wood up and then used it to make a bonfire is plenty indication that no it isn't easy. But it has been worth it. I have learned that I don't have to have a certain food just because my brain wants it. I heave learned how successful I can be when I stick to the weekly meal plan I make up.

Next up is the process called re-intro. I spend 2 weeks adding in one food group, and then going back to fully compliant for a couple days to see if my body doesn't like anything I add. And then, well, not gonna lie. There are several foods that I am super looking forward to. Like a burrito is dairy and legumes and grains! For the most part I will stick to the tenants of Whole 30 while eating at home, vegetables, fruits, meats, fish and eggs, with as little to no added sugars as possible. But it will be nice to allow myself that wiggle room again when I am out with friends.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome Back and Hip Surgery updates.

Gulp

Life update