Thirteen

Thirteen. It's kinda a big number today. It's thirteen days until I go out there and do Thirteen.One miles with my friend Randi.

To say I am nervous is an understatement. My training hasn't gone exactly as planned. I have developed shin splints in the last month or so. My inner scaredy cat is making her presence known. I fought a migraine for a whole week. I backed off on a couple of the planned long runs. I have been Frustrated. I have cursed during a short walk. I have cut routes short because I was hurting. Or because I lost confidence in myself. I have cried on the living room floor. I have doubted myself. I have thought about giving up.

But I haven't given up. I have trusted good friends with these frustrations. I have listened to their humor. I have absorbed every word of wisdom and encouragement they have spoken over me or texted me. I have planned the race outfit. I have even sewn my skirt. I have iced. I have stretched. I have foam rolled. I have become best friends my heating pad. If an essential oil is helpful for muscle relief, I have used it.

To say I am excited is an understatement! I mean hello. In less than two weeks I get to do a freaking HALF-MARATHON. I get to hang out with my friend all morning. I get a gingerbread cookie at mile 11. I get to say I did that which a lot of people can't do. Until the day actually gets here, I will take every little victory and celebrate it in hopes it keeps any sliver of doubt far away. I will follow the advice of a really smart friend of mine. I will trust my training.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome Back and Hip Surgery updates.

Gulp

Life update