Day 23

Let's just say 2017 got kinda ugly and hard and dark and depressing there in the end. I'm not sure about you all, but I am so glad 2018 is here. I know really, deep down that the "New Year" is kinda an arbitrary thing, but there is also something magical about "New" things that fill us with hope again. 

Last I checked in with you all here I was training for a Half-Marathon. I'm not to sure it was going well at the time, and well, it didn't get any better. I mean I did the half- marathon, it finished it. But it was very ill trained for, and my time, my body and my experience reflect that. But, I did it. I didn't give up before hand, and I didn't give up during it. I buckled down and I walked over that finish line on my own power and strength. Cause Big Tough Sandy is strong.



So, there is was in my post-half marathon misery taking it easy, with a knee that was holding on to it's opinion that I did a stupid thing way longer than any other body part. I decided on day 10 that it was feeling decent enough to do a slow and short Bitter Walkers Christmas Light walk. And it was, achy and sore afterward, but it made it. And then I went home...and slid on some ice...and fell. And of course THAT knee had to be the one to hyper-flex itself. Thank goodness I know a good PT, who had ways of convincing me to be seen. So there I was the day after Christmas on a therapy table in the gym at work freaked out that he was gonna words I didn't want to hear. Thankfully it was not what I was most freaked out and was "just" an MCL Sprain, granted a bad one, but still nothing he thought we wouldn't be able to get turned around in a couple weeks of therapy. And guess who just did squats and lunges pain free today? This Girl!

Considering I was planning on taking January off from walking and Bitter/Walkers, it is amazing how much I miss it and how frustrating it has been being on a forced break instead of a break by choice. But it's coming around, I can get back to full strength training again, and have been doing some time on the elliptical and bike and been pretty good. I'll finish out January "on the sidelines" of bitter walkers, but will so be so ready to be back in February. I am so ready to get in a consistent pattern again. I don't have any events coming up immediately, in fact I think I will be doing even less this year than year. I am being way more intentional with the events I register for. They need to mean something to me. CLR, Relay for Life, Champions Run for Heroes, and the Parker Archie Moore memorial 3.5 are really the only ones on my radar this year. 

Stay tuned for more from me soon. Thursday my friend Angel is going to give me a meal plan she has made up for me. I am really excited about this as I get so confused when it comes to nutrition and meal plans. And the best news is, my friend/boss is buckling down and working on weight loss at the same time, built in accountability partner!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome Back and Hip Surgery updates.

Gulp

Life update