What can I say, 2016 was an adventure that is for sure. Everything from joy to pain, progress to setbacks, 2016 certainly didn't hold back. I ended 2015 registering to run the Shamrock 15k with some friends. Mind you, at the time I didn't run at all and I had only done one "race" that year, and it was a simple 5k that I walked. While I eventually had to admit that I would only be able to walk the 8k, Shamrock became the starting point of 10 races I would do in 2016, including a half marathon! Can we talk about that Half-Marathon for a minute? I freaking did a Half-Marathon! 13.1 miles, 21km, 69217.5 feet! I did it 21 and half minutes faster than the half-marathon I did on 2010. And while the journey to get there was full of frustration and pain, the sense of accomplishment is amazing. I will forever be proud of that day. Speaking of frustration, pain really is the most obnoxious teacher there ever is. The 2nd half of 2016 found myself doing 17 weeks of physica...
Hey there! 13 pounds is 13 pounds. Feel good about that accomplishment. I am in the "honeymoon" phase of this journey and imagine that I will be at the phase you are.
ReplyDeleteYou can do this, you have done it, now just keep going. You completed a half-marathon! If you can do that, you can do anything you set your mind to.
If you need me to come over and give you a slap a la Gibbs, just let me know.
xx and oo's
jenn