What the L in LDL really stands for

I'm not gonna lie, I'm a little depressed and frustrated right now. I got my last set of lab work back and pretty much the only good news on it was that my Vitamin D is at a normal level.

For starters, my Cholesterol levels, still aren't good. In fact my Triglycerides are higher than they were even before I started meds. As are my LDL's. For those who can't remember their LDL's from their HDL's let me help. The LDL's are the LOUSY ones and the HDL's are the helpful ones.  Partially I think it's cause I have been really lazy with the eating right thing lately, and partially cause we had backed off on one of the meds that had originally worked to lower it. So hopefully it's just a matter of going back up to the original dose of that med. And getting way more diligent with the eating thing. I am looking at several options on that in addition to the weight watches.

Secondly, and the one that is most confusing is my testosterone level. The normal range for females is 0.1-6.4. When I was first tested for PCOS my levels came back at 8.6. it came down into nearly normal range (6.6) within the first 6 months of treatment. Now for some reason it is up to 9.1. Yeah that's right, higher than when I wasn't taking anything at all. This is the one that has me totally confused, but at the same time at least it helps explain (albeit only a little) why weight loss this year has been so much harder than last year.  But I have to wait 2 more weeks for my doctors appointment to discuss with him what all these mean.

So for now, trying to be more attentive to what I eat, workout more, and try not to stress until the actual doctors appointment.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome Back and Hip Surgery updates.

Gulp

Life update