ToolBox

Have you R.I.P.P.E.D? No, not ripped like what happens to you too tight favorite pair of jeans when you move wrong. I am talking the workout called R.I.P.P.E.D.

I recently started back at the gym, so far only for classes, but I am getting there. And this is one of my new favorite workouts. One of the classes I have been trying my hardest to make it too is R.I.P.P.E.D. Resistance, Intervals, Power, Plyometrics, Endurance, and Diet. While we don't really focus on the D aspect at the gym, the workouts themselves are super amazing. I am especially fond of the Resistance and Power segments, oh and the cool down/stretch segment. The cool/down might actually be my "favorite" because getting to it means I have survived another intense workout and my body did it. Though I really do love the segments we use the hand weights for, I love my workouts with weights. Weights are my favorite part of P90X, my favorite part of Combat, and the reason I love PUMP so much.

I guess it boils down to know what style workout works for you. And having the tools. Take a Toolbox for example. In any given toolbox there are hammers, screwdrivers (flat head and phillips), wrenches, socket wrenches, screws and nails of various sizes and depending on the size of the box maybe even a hand saw. No just because you have all these tools doesn't mean that every project you have is gonna use every tool. Sometimes you need something hammered together, sometimes you need something sawed off, but you have those options always available. It's the same with a weight-loss/health journey. There will be seasons where hard core weight based workouts are what you need, other times you just need long walks. Sometimes you need to restrict yourself from certain trigger foods because you just can't resist them right then if you allowed them in the house, other times you can buy them for your family no problem because they are not a temptation for you. But you have the tools in your mental toolbox.

All you and I have to do is open the toolbox and get out the tool we need.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome Back and Hip Surgery updates.

Gulp

Life update