JJ

I promise this will lead to weight loss journey story telling, just bare with me. I was watching the show Criminal Minds tonight (repeat of course) and it was one my my favorite to hate episodes, favorite in that the acting and quotes are amazing, hate in that they got rid of my favorite character. She ends the episode with the following quote:

I'm thankful for my years spent with this family, for everything we shared, every chance we had to grow. I'll take the best of them with me and lead by their example wherever I go. A friend told me to be honest with you, so here it goes. This isn't what I want, but I'll take the high road. Maybe it's because I look at everything as a lesson, or because I don't want to walk around angry, or maybe it's because I finally understand. There are things we don't want to happen, but have to accept. Things we don't want to know, but have to learn. And people we can't live without, but have to let go.

I don't want to have to accept PCOS but if I don't, if I just ignore it, it will eat at my health and to by honest I could die young. There is a lot a didn't want to have to learn about PCOS, I am still not anywhere near fully educated on it, but trust me oh boy do I know more about insulin and cholesterol than I did before. I go to weight watcher meetings and I take the success strategies of others and try them to see if they work for me. I look at, or at least try to look at, every weight in a lesson to remember what worked and what didn't that past week. And unfortunately I have had to learn to let go of some amazing people this year. I didn't want any of this really.


I have been rather retrospective in the last few days, which might be why this repeat of CM was especially impactful. It has been fun to go through and read all of my old blog entries, not quite as fun to go through old pictures on facebook. I just keep reminding myself, how much fun traipsing around Europe will be when I can fit in skinnier little European clothes, and when I am not as big around as the tuba at the Hofbrauhaus.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome Back and Hip Surgery updates.

Gulp

Life update