Day 1

So as you may have seen me mention on Facebook or Instagram, today I started 21 day fix. And I mean started. Yes I have had the stuff for a while, and even tried it before, but never honestly getting onboard with the nutrition aspect of it. For those who aren't familiar with 21 day fix, it is a 3 week program with daily assigned workouts, and color coded containers used to measure food. You get a certain number of each color based on how many calories your body needs. The first time I tried, I think I failed on breakfast it was so confusing to me at the time. But this time I have a one on one accountability partner with my friend Karli who also started today. So I sat down last week and made a menu plan up, checking off each container to make sure I was not only not going over on things like carbs, but also to make sure I got enough in of the good for me things like vegetables. I shopped, and I prepped and I measured and portioned out.

Well, day 1 wasn't perfect but it wasn't a failure either.

Didn't make it all the way through Total Body Cardio Fix, but at least I pressed play and started it.

Knew I was gonna be gone most of the day (I mean really, who does that to themselves on day one), so I packed a thermal bag with an ice pack and my snacks. Dinner was a little tricky, I had planned on just having salad and some chicken but ended up at Wendy's in between visits with friends. So I got the side garden salad....and the baconator fries. But getting the salad is a major victory considering I normally would have gotten a value meal with chicken nuggets and a soda. Didn't get my shake in today, so I am behind a red.

Lunch is already packed for tomorrow at work. I forgot I was working a different shift then normal when planning my menu, so had to swap dinner for lunch. Good thing most of my food is already prepped.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome Back and Hip Surgery updates.

Gulp

Life update