WW Homework

Challenge: Try 10 new foods this week. That was the challenge we were given at the end of the meeting last week. 10 new foods, sounds easy right?


WRONG!

My parents didn't allow me to be a picky eater. And it was a pretty internationally varied palate. Artichoke...check. Asparagus, canned and fresh...check. Okra...check. Ground Beef, turkey and chicken...check. Squid...check. Matzo Ball soup...check. Gelfilte Fish...check. Whole Wheat Pasta...check. Tofu...check.

Things I haven't had: Manwich, mom always made sloppy joes from scratch. Nesquik, mom always used chocolate syrup.

So I had to get really creative with this assignment. Which is funny cause I hardly eve do the homework and it's not like I am getting a grade for it. So I had to modify it. 5 foods or food combos that I haven't had as an adult. Since I forgot to start this until 2 days before the next meeting I opted for only half. So here is what I got.

1. Jicama- Just had it with dinner and it was good. Sliced it up raw and had it with celery and snow peas and ranch.
2. Almond Butter-always stuck with peanut butter. I like almonds so why not...but dang that stuff is expensive (I secretly hope I don't fall completely in love with it).
3. Almond Milk- I don't recall having it before. I know I have had soy milk and I think rice milk.
4. Butternut squash soup- getting real creative here, I have had butternut squash before, but not in soup form.
5. Rice Dream Mint Chocolate Chip "Ice Cream"- why not make this assignment really fun.


Oh and for the record I did behave in that I realized there are a ton of cookies I have never had. As well as types of donuts I have never had.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome Back and Hip Surgery updates.

Gulp

Life update