New Year..New Motivation

In case you missed the obvious, it is now 2012...that's a whole new year. And for a lot of the world it is a time of reflection on things past and looking forward to what is to come. And really I am no different.

In 2011 I walked a 10k race. And I did way better than I thought. I didn't really "train" in advance for it, so I was honestly super excited about how well I did. I also completed my very first Warrior Dash! A 5k trail race (with a super steep hill) with a ton of obstacles in through out it. I think I am far enough removed from it to be able to say I would "consider" doing it again...Maybe. I also survived my first boot camp class...at 5 in the morning. I am not sure what I was thinking, and I didn't lose any weight, nor hardly any inches...but in the end I could do real push-ups, you know the ones where I am not on my knees doing them! I do have to admit I was really excited about that. I was excited to start a new 21 day challenge at the gym this year, but I had some car issues that made it so I couldn't afford to do it this time. So I will just have to challenge myself, all on my own. And seeing as how I have already worked out twice this week, and have a work-out date for tomorrow I hope I am well on my way. And I have a tentative plan to do a 10k in July with a friend.

2011 was a difficult year for me lab wise...stupid confusing PCOS. I mean seriously start taking meds for something and have the number go the opposite way they are supposed to. It kinda sucks to see the commercial for a medication you are now taking and know that you are so not the target audience by a long shot. It was super confusing. And can I just say that it kinda sucks to here "not typically you aren't heavy enough anymore to be considered for weight loss surgery, but sometimes that cholesterol level on a 27 y/o can be a qualifier". Major motivation to hit the gym harder...and the fish...and the vegetarian meals...and the low carb meals. Time to go through the cookbooks again and hit the meal planning up again.

And you all ready for the kicker? I bet you are. It's the reward if you managed to stick through this whole blog entry. It's the part I know you all have been waiting for. You are sitting there thinking to yourselves "I know she has been on Weight Watchers all year, I wonder how her weight loss was for the year". Well let me answer that for you. Weight Watchers has 2 phases. Actively losing and working towards goal, and then Maintenance once you reach to goal where you try to stay within 2 pounds of that set goal weight. Well I have unofficially been practicing maintenance all year. Because I think my loss for the year is around the 4 pound mark. Not joking. I started last year having lost 24 pounds and I still haven't passed that stupid 30 pound marker. And true, it is a good thing that I didn't gain it all back. It wasn't intentional. And yes some of that I can blame on the PCOS and various hormones being out of whack. But I know a lot of it was me losing some of that vision. Sometimes having a goal weight that is still 75 pounds away seems really daunting. So I have a plan.

I for the first time in my life want to go to Hawaii. I know it's crazy. But I do. And I think October will be a great time to go.  It's not peak season, and it gives me 10 months to get ready. And I am not talking just planning and money. I am talking Me, beach, swimsuit. I have no idea what it looks like yet. But it's not a number. I am not fixed on a weight or a size. I just want to look good and more importantly FEEL good in a swimsuit. And I want to be active while there. I want to try Stand Up Paddle-boarding, and I want to go hiking (since I here there are some amazing ones there) and I think maybe even I want to go snorkeling, yet sure yet though.

Comments

  1. nice. snorkel. happy new year sandy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Blog, many good points.

    We will remember that we do FEEL better when we eat better and exercise more and that is more important than what the scale says.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome Back and Hip Surgery updates.

Gulp

Life update