check-in

I would love to report that I just got back from weigh-in and that it was amazing. That I had stayed on plan food wise and worked out all week and that I had a big loss on the scale. But I'm not. In fact, I didn't even go to weigh in tonight. I have a cold. I managed to make it all winter without one and I go and try to do a little spring cleaning and i get sick. So I skipped weigh-in, for the first time since I started Weight Watchers in June. And it's probably a good thing that I did, cause I am positive the scale would show a gain. It just wasn't a good week. I didn't work out very much, I didn;t track hardly so I am not sure how bad I was (though I am sure the answer is bad bad). And it was an emotionally difficult week too, 2 very dear friends passed away. It had definitely been a roller coaster. I am eagerly hoping and praying that this week goes better.

See the problem with being sick is that everything that can be considered a junk food/bad for you sounds good suddenly. Pizza, Taco Bell, MacDonald's, seriously I would not say no if anyone brought them by. The good thing however with being sick is that you don't really have the strength/energy to go out and get said junk food once you get home from work. Meaning you are stuck with whatever "Healthy junk food' you have in the kitchen. You know what I mean, the weight watchers bars, the frozen fruit bars, pirates booty.

but since one of the docs I work with reminded me today that I have worked hard and to not throw it all away in one day (thank you Dr Bhatia) I went with homemade soft tacos.

Comments

  1. I love the "healthy junk food" part. My biggest problem is quantity. Sure a few grabs in the pirates booty isn't going to hurt too bad. But when I sit there and eat half the bag before I make myself stop [because I could go on to eat the whole thing] it kind of counteracts everything. I'm proud of you for pushing through and not giving up! Wish we lived closer so we could be walking buddies or something. Maybe someday. :) Feel better!
    xoxo, ellen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am proud of you for resisting the temptation, which is so hard to do, especially when you aren't feeling well.

    A week off of WW is understandable, considering your attendance has been awesome. And, you didn't give up or give in. Good job and remember a certain, very pretty, polka-dot dress is wating for you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome Back and Hip Surgery updates.

Gulp

Life update