Walking Lighter

Literally.

It was a nice day today, so I took my treadmill training outside today and went for a 3.3 mile walk. It was so nice. Just warm enough that I could go out in just a tee shirt no jacket needed. And I realized something really cool. I was walking faster than I did last year when training for the half marathon. It felt so much better. Amazing the differance 26.8 pounds can make when it comes to walking. It felt great. And I noticed I was walking with more confidence too, and with better "mechanics" as it were.

This week Weight Watchers kicked off it's 3rd annual Walk-It Cahllenge. It is a challenge to train for national weight watchers 5k Walk-It day which is May 22. Now I am still undecided about doing the official walk but I will diffinately do the workout consistency part of the challenge. And I just might have to buy the cool shirt.

Comments

  1. I am so glad you got outside. I wish I could've gotten outside, but my back wouldn't let me. Instead, I decided to have a very nice relaxing day and even take a 2 hour snooze.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome Back and Hip Surgery updates.

Gulp

Life update