Small Victories!!!

I made it all week at work successfully avoiding all temptations (the CNO's candy basket, the leftover pizza from the meditech party, the cafeteria). I was little afraid for the weekend, the structure is not the same. When I went to work I would pack my little lunch bag and everything I needed was right there in the fridge. Weekend, with errands out of town, totally different story. So I planned and I did what I could.

Usually if i had errands to run I would have grabbed something at the coffee shop while getting my latte. Today I had my breakfast at home before heading out to grab an Americano with a splash of half and half. And before i left the house I was sure to grab a couple of the meal bars to throw in the glove box and have ready. I knew I would be in Salem over lunch which meant needing to figure out a safe place to have a safe lean and green meal. My coach had said  that the Baja Ensalada at Baja Fresh with salsa as dressing is a safe choice, if you have them not put on the cheese and tortilla strips. Since I knew that, I headed there. In hopes that I would stick to my guns and actually order the salad in the first place and then remember to tell them no cheese or tortilla strips. AND say no to the free tortilla chips they offered while waiting for my salad. But I did it. I ordered the salad without the tortilla strips or cheese and with salsa baja as dressing.

Went to target and I gotta admit, the popcorn smelled good. But I just kept walking. Went shopping at Trader Joe's and the cashier commented on how healthy my bag was, nothing prepacked in it. It was full olive oil (the whole reason I went) and non-starchy veggies. Well, and roses, a girl has to reward herself for committing to new habits right?

I better go start researching Bikes and Coach purses. 50 total pounds lost is fast approaching. More on that later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome Back and Hip Surgery updates.

Gulp

Life update